Positive Solutions is fully compliant with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We operate to the highest standards of data privacy, information governance and security and all our business activity is aligned to ISO27001 and ISO9001 standards.
To support your pharmacy we need to maintain regular contact with you and for this, we need your consent. Please click here to learn more.
If you have not already done so, please click the button below to confirm you still wish to hear from us.
Alternatively, you can contact our customer care team on 01257 275 800 to find out more
Individual pharmacy contractors are also responsible for their own GDPR compliance and should familiarise themselves with PSNC and NPA guidance.
Pharmacies in Scotland are advised by Community Pharmacy Scotland to refer to the ICO ’12 Steps’ document.
Information held by pharmacy PMR systems is used for “the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services”. The Analyst PMR system from Positive Solutions will not require any changes.
GDPR for Pharmacy Contractors in England & Wales
Positive Solutions has worked closely with all pharmacy stakeholders including PSNC and NHS Digital to ensure its pharmacy systems and solutions are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018.
Positive Solutions operates to high standards of data privacy and security in accordance with ISO27001 and ISO9001, for which it is certified.
In view of the above and in relation to the products and services provided by Positive Solutions Ltd to pharmacies we confirm we will:
- Only act on written instructions from the controller
- Ensure that people processing the data are subject to a duty of confidence
- Take appropriate measures to ensure the security of processing
- Only engage sub-processors with the prior consent of the controller and under a written contract
- Assist the controller in meeting its GDPR obligations in relation to the security of processing the notification of personal data breaches and data protection impact assessments.
- Delete or return all personal data to the controller as requested at the end of the contract
- Submit to audits and inspections, provide the controller with whatever information it needs to ensure that they are both meeting their Article 28 obligations and tell the controller immediately if it is asked to do something infringing the GDPR or other data protection law of the EU or a member state.
Positive Solutions will continue to help pharmacy contractors interpret and comply with new regulations to support ongoing GDPR compliance. We will review any updates and determine any appropriate technical and organisational measures, should these become necessary.
Pharmacy Contractors can download our Assurance Statement here.
Note to our Pharmacy Customers: Please complete the table at Page 2 of the Assurance Statement with details of all Positive Solutions Systems and Services we provide for your pharmacy. You should then print, complete and keep the Statement for your pharmacy records
Positive Solutions complies with all laws and regulations in relation to its handling of candidate information linked to recruitment and HR processes.