The Regional Account Manager role is to deliver our leading-edge pharmacy technology and software solutions to both existing pharmacy customers and prospective new ones maximising revenues, retaining and growing our customer base and delivering excellence throughout.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
As the Regional Account Manager, you will take responsibility for an existing customer base within a defined geography ensuring that revenue opportunities are maximised within each one. An equal focus will be required on bringing onboard new customers to grow your territory.
You will be responsible for three key revenue areas:
- New business development – canvassing your territory and winning new clients, predominantly from competitors
- Existing customer upsell – selling additional products and services into existing customers
- Existing customer renewals – securing contract renewals for existing customers (4-year terms) although this will largely be handled by your aligned internal Customer Sales Executive.
You will create and maintain a Business Plan for your territory to deliver against your revenue target and KPIs. This role requires you to work as an individual, but also in a team, sharing knowledge and best practise. Specifically, you will work with a Customer Sales Executive who will support you in delivering the objectives set out here and focusing on customer renewals so that you are free to concentrate on upsell and new business opportunities
You will be expected to accurately forecast monthly sales revenue across the key revenue areas and meet required company sales targets for your area. You will work with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and model effective solutions from our product range, delivering quotations and proposals that fulfil customer requirements and deliver value.
Consistently updating our CRM system with customer/prospect activity and information, you will feed back competitor and market knowledge to management and report in a timely and effective manner against your set business area objectives.
You will be responsible for all customers/prospects in your territory which will consist of small/medium sized independent pharmacies, to grow company value via events, networking and using social media.
- Individual contribution to territory sales, activity and pipeline growth targets
- Focus on upgrades/contract renewals for existing customers
- Identifying and engaging with customers to grow PSL presence, revenues and profit
- Developing a sales pipeline
- Increase customer satisfaction levels
- Work cross functionally with other departments
- Delivering a monthly forecast and sales report
- Update the CRM with activity and customer information
- Negotiating with customers to deliver value
- To adhere to all operating procedures and work instructions in compliance to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001:2013
- Generating sales quotes
- Maintaining sales records
- Experience of working in healthcare, preferably pharmaceutical sales
- Proven track record of field sales (3 yrs. minimum) in a B2B solution/consultative sales environment
- Target driven with a demonstrable track record of sales achievement
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Customer first attitude
- Must be a self-motivated team player, able to work flexibly
- Proactive approach and ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to manage difference between multiple stakeholders
- Willing and capable of traveling frequently throughout the UK
- Strong networking skills
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience in software and SaaS sales
- Background in the pharmaceutical industry
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
A degree or equivalent and at least 5 years sales experience.